Coffee Jobs: Barista / Head Barista
We have great speciality coffees and a 10-year working relationship with Monmouth Coffee Company (who first introduced us to the world of fine coffee and train our staff). We need experienced baristas who will do justice to their beans, and also work with other quality guest roasts.
We are particularly keen to hear from experienced individuals looking for more responsibility and freedom in their job role, who could step up and take the helm as the Coffee, Cake & Kisses head barista. We have a couple of tricks up our sleeve not yet done anywhere else and are looking for people to do them with. You just might find yourself pushing the boundaries of coffee-making, with a brand that does the same.
You will, for ALL Coffee, Cake & Kisses roles, have:
- good English (additional languages a bonus),
- a big smile and a bigger heart (kindness counts!),
- an open-minded attitude (while with us, you will come into contact with challenging subjects and must be comfortable with issues of human gender and sexuality, sex education, alternative relationship models etc).
To join us as a barista / a head barista, you must have:
- a minimum of 9 months' experience in a similar role (3 years for a head barista),
- be able to competently prepare a full range of espresso-based drinks,
- be handy with other drinks too,
- have good spacial awareness and control over your physical environment (we have an open brew bar that must be kept super tidy at all times - everything you do is visible to customers).
If you are looking to get into coffee-making, have never used an espresso machine or if your experience stops with the occasional cappuccino, you should apply for a food service position instead There you will focus on cakes, salads and sandwiches but we will be happy to share some barista skills, too.